Sunday, February 1, 2009

HOW I GOT STARTED








My late Father-in-law got me started in making pens. He was a master craftsman in machining and wood turning. A great teacher! First time I saw his pens I was hooked. Some of my knowledge came from hands-on working with wood and books.


I have always been interested in crafts. I have painted in oils and watercolor, crocheted, done ceramics, and I used to do Tole painting, which required working with wood by cutting out my own projects. This, and seeing some of my late father-in-laws’ hand turned pens, led to my interest in wood turning. I take pride in my projects and enjoy the pens and bottle stoppers that I make, from start to finish. I have a very supportive husband (who does machining), and is a big help, especially for setting up for shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment